NSSC standards for training packages - streamlining update - 27 Mar 2013
Training Package standards
The Standing Council on Tertiary Education, Skills and Employment (SCOTESE) endorsed new Standards for Training Packages, developed by the NSSC, on 16 November 2012. All Training Packages are required to comply with the new standards by 31 December 2015. No training packages will be able to be submitted to the NSSC for endorsement in the old format after 31 December 2013.
This workshop is essential for any person working with training packages.
The new standards are based on three key principles:
• Simplifying: content is made more accessible by presenting it in a simple, logical manner, using plain English.
• Shortening: level of detail and the amount of repetition in existing content will be reduced, ensuring that Training Package components are functional and reflect the component’s intended purpose.
• Segmenting: Training Packages to be arranged in ways that are fit-for-purpose with content organised to enhance access, relevance and use.
Some examples of new features for training packages include:
• Units of Competency comprising of two documents: firstly Unit of Competency and secondly Assessment Requirements.
• Units of Competency will include a Foundation Skills section as a mandatory field. This field will describe the language, literacy, numeracy and employment skills that are essential to performance.
• The endorsed components of a training package will be supported by non endorsed components described as Companion Volumes
• The Implementation Guide Companion Volume is a mandatory requirement for all training packages when put up for endorsement
Luke Behnke, Director, Office of the NSSC will provide an outline of the changes that will occur.
Further information regarding the new Standards for Training Packages can be found on the NSSC website - http://www.nssc.natese.gov.au/training_packages.
Date: 27th March 2013
Time : 3pm registration for 3.30am start (5.00pm finish)
Tea Coffee and refreshments provided
Where: William Angliss Conference Centre, level 5 555 laTrobe St, Melbourne
VISTA member $30 (ex GST)
Non member $45 (ex GST)
Please advise email@example.com of any special dietary requirements
|Event Location:||William Angliss Conference Centre|
|Registrations Open:||5 Mar 2013|
|Registrations Close:||26 Mar 2013|
|Price:||AU $ 45.00|